TORCH OF HOPE AWARD 1995 for lifetime achievement in playwriting, following previous honorees including Terrence McNally, John Guare, Horton Foote, A.R. Gurney, August Wilson. Presented by the Barbara Barondess Theatre Lab Foundation.
JAMES R. QUIRK AWARD FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, December 1996, for her memorable contributions to the American Theatre.
* THE FIELD. Awarded participation in The Field’s Independent Artist Challenge Program in 1997.
*ACTORS THEATRE OF LOUISVILLE 1998 NATIONAL 10-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST. Finalist for “The Mole.”
* PERISHABLE THEATRE’S 6TH ANNUAL WOMEN’S PLAYWRITING FESTIVAL. Finalist for “Lifeline.”
* LOVE CREEK PRODUCTIONS, NY, Gay and Lesbian One-Act Play Festival: first prize for Seating and Other Arrangements.
* CELEBRATION THEATRE, Los Angeles, nationwide new play contest: third prize for Seating and Other Arrangements (full-length).
*THE FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL. Best playwright award for Pen Pals. 2005.
*ROBERT CHESLEY FOUNDATION PLAYWRITING AWARD/HELENE WURLITZER FOUNDATION OF TAOS, NM RESIDENCY. (Joint Award)
*DOWNTOWN URBAN THEATER FESTIVAL. Best short play for “CO-OP.”
*ACKER AWARD. Awarded for work in the Theater, 2017
* JEROME FOUNDATION grants for commission and production of Whither Thou Goest, Heaven and Earth, Crossings, Joanna, The Tempest-Tossed, War Bonds and The Lady Was a Gentleman.
* ARCH AND BRUCE BROWN FOUNDATION. Production grants: Joanna, 2000; The Tempest-Tossed, 2001; War Bonds, 2002. The Ballad of Baxter Street, 2005; 1918: A House Divided, 2007; The Ghosts of 14th Street, 2008; Birds on Fire, 2011; Unreachable Eden, 2012; Island Girls, 2014; Women Of The Wind, 2015; The Three Mile Limit, 2016; Ghost Light Now & Then, 2017. All at Theater for the New City.
*THE PUFFIN FOUNDATION. Production grants for The Ballad of Baxter Street, 1918: A House Divided, Walking from Rumania and Unreachable Eden.
*MANHATTAN COMMUNITY ARTS FUND. Production grants for Long Time Passing and for 1918: A House Divided, Birds on Fire, Unreachable Eden and Women of the Wind. Creative Engagement grant, 2017. Awarded by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs.
*THE MARY DUKE BIDDLE FOUNDATION. Production grant for The Ghosts of 14th Street, 2008.